Congratulations to our members Luís Barreiros, Bento Dias, Luís Frazão, Claudino Pereira, Manuel Lima Torres, and Isabel Vieira, for winning 4 Large Gold, 5 Gold and 6 Silver-gilt awards at the last National Philatelic Exhibition! The exhibits’ themes included the pre-stamp period, classic issues, maritime mail, Mozambique railway mail, Portuguese India, and WW I. The detailed list of the exhibits and awards is in this month’s bulletin.
The January bulletin will be soon on its way to members. It contains 3 inserts: a postcard advertising Westpex 2015, information on the forthcoming PPS auction, and the voting form for the George Pearson Literature Prize, which you can also fill online further below. The bulletin’s content is:
- President’s Message & An Unusual 1939 UK cover by Steve Washburne
- CCCC Member Request by George Wu
- Editor’s Desk by Ron van der Holt
- Patience and Observation Rewarded by Ron van der Holt
- Viana do Castelo Report by John Swan
- Our Website by Michel Wermelinger
- Research Query by Gerhard Lang
- Postage Due Stamps of Portuguese India by Dave Davies
- Forthcoming Events, Exhibitions and Auctions
The George Pearson Literature Prize is awarded to the article that PPS members enjoyed the most in the preceding year’s bulletins . If you are a PPS member, you may use the form below to send your vote directly to the Secretary. Voting closes on 28th February. The prize will be presented at the AGM in March.